Air conditioners can freeze up if left running for an extended period of time, and you might wonder why. This can be frustrating, especially if you don’t know what’s causing the problem.
At John’s Air Conditioning and Heating, we provide professional air conditioning service in Apollo Beach, FL, and the surrounding areas, to help you get your system running smoothly again. Our experienced team of technicians can quickly diagnose the issue and provide effective solutions. Contact us today for professional and reliable air conditioner servicing.
Reasons Why Your Air Conditioner Freezes Up
- Clogged Air Filter: A clogged air filter is one of the most common reasons for air conditioners freezing up. When the air filter becomes clogged, it restricts airflow, which causes the evaporator coil to become too cold and freeze. If you have not changed your air filter recently, it’s a good idea to replace it and see if that solves the problem.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Your air conditioner requires a specific amount of refrigerant to operate correctly. If the refrigerant level is low, it can cause the evaporator coil to freeze up. This is a more severe problem that requires the attention of our professional air conditioning service technician, as it could indicate a leak in the refrigerant line.
- Dirty Evaporator Coil: Over time, the evaporator coil in your air conditioner can become dirty and clogged with dirt, dust, and debris. This buildup can restrict airflow, which can cause the evaporator coil to become too cold and freeze up. Regular maintenance by a professional air conditioning service technician can prevent this problem.
- Faulty Blower Motor: The blower motor is vital to your air conditioning system. It’s responsible for circulating air throughout your home by moving it across the evaporator coil. If the blower motor is faulty or not working correctly, it can cause the air to move too slowly or not at all, leading to the evaporator coil becoming too cold and freezing up. In addition, a faulty blower motor can cause reduced airflow, resulting in lower efficiency and higher energy bills.
- Thermostat Issues: Thermostat issues can also cause your air conditioner to freeze up. If your thermostat is not functioning correctly, it may not accurately read the temperature in your home, causing your air conditioner to run longer than necessary. This prolonged operation can lead to the evaporator coil becoming too cold and freezing up. It’s essential to ensure that your thermostat is functioning correctly and set to the appropriate temperature for comfort and energy efficiency.
At John’s Air Conditioning and Heating, we take pride in providing high-quality AC repair in Apollo Beach, FL, and the surrounding areas. We use only the best tools and equipment and stand behind our work with a satisfaction guarantee. We understand that AC issues can be uncomfortable and dangerous in hot summers. That’s why we offer fast response times for all air conditioning services and repairs. Give us a call today to set up an appointment and get started!