To prevent mishaps from happening, service your AC unit once a month. An air conditioning system has lots of parts, including a condenser unit. Some basic troubleshooting will help in AC repair in Apollo Beach, Florida.
1. Six Reasons For Not Working.
- The Air Filter Is Dirty
One of the frequent reasons for air conditioners not cooling is a dirty air filter. The air filter traps dust, pet furs, dirt, and many airborne particles, which keeps the inside components cleaner. It makes the evaporator coil freeze, obstructing the path of cool air.
- Incorrect Thermostat Setting
Check the thermostat if you notice that your home is getting hotter than usual. You should check the temperature setting as it can be set to fan mode, heat, or off. You must change the settings to cool and wait a few minutes for the air conditioner to blow out cool air.
- AC Is Undersized
You will not face any major issues in moderate conditions, but as the outside temperature rises, your air conditioner may not run for long or even struggle to cool your home.
If the AC is undersized, you can add a ductless unit to help cool your home or change your HVAC unit to a bigger size. Your air conditioning unit absorbs salt and natural chemicals daily, which break down the system if not properly maintained.
- Damaged Compressor
A compressor is an important factor that manages refrigerant flow from the condenser and evaporator unit. A damaged compressor needs to be replaced.
- Refrigerant Leak
A refrigerant is a chemical fluid in the AC which absorbs heat from the surrounding. It flows from the inside unit by taking up heat and changing it into gas to the outside unit to release it.
The refrigerant may be insufficient or leaking, which leads to your AC not cooling. After hearing such noises, Apollo Beach air conditioner repair is required to stop further breakdown.
2. How To Fix It.
- You should check and set the thermostat.
- You should replace the dirty air filter.
- If the condensation drain is clogged, clear it. It helps to drain out the moisture collected.
- Diagnosing for duct malfunctioning.
- Cleaning the compressor unit from debris and dry leaves. It is usually located outside the house, where it does not easily draw attention.
- You should clean dirty coils. There are two types of coil – condenser coils and evaporator coils. The coils are often clogged with molds and debris.