The winter season is here, and homeowners have started using their heating appliances for a comfortable home. We do not use our air conditioners all year round, meaning they have to rest for a few months before the summer season arrives.
However, this does not mean we should not take care of our cooling appliances during the winter season. If you want to ensure that your air conditioner works efficiently when you begin using it, you should know what to do before switching it off and using it in the summer. Contacting a technician who provides AC repair services in Apollo Beach, FL, can help you understand this process better.
Air Conditioner Preparation Tips For The Off-Season
- Ensure that you stop the main power supply to your air conditioner. This tip is important as it helps you save money on your energy bills. Even if your air conditioner does not work, it consumes some energy due to the connected power supply, so turn it off during the winter season.
- Cleaning the cooling system thoroughly before you turn it off for a few months is also required. It ensures that there is no dust on or inside the system when you cover it.
- Before you cover your air conditioner, thoroughly examine its surface for rust and leakages. If you notice any rust or leakage, you should contact your technician for AC repair services in Apollo Beach, FL, to fix it. Letting those issues stay can increase their complexity in the coming months.
- Ensure you use the right covers to cover your air conditioner. The covers should be high-quality to protect your cooling system from foreign elements like harsh weather conditions and insects.
Air Conditioner Precaution Tips For The Summer Season
Once the summer season arrives, you should follow these tips before using your air conditioner. If you miss them, you may have to contact your technician in Apollo Beach for an AC repair job:
- Contact a professional technician from a reputed HVAC company for the annual maintenance of your cooling system. This maintenance will ensure there are no hidden issues with your system. It also ensures that all parts of your system are working efficiently.
- Inspect the condenser of your air conditioner before you turn on your system. There should not be any unwanted weeds or vegetation around it that may hinder its working.
- Avoid setting your thermostat to cool mode instantly. Allow your air conditioner to run in fan mode for a few minutes to remove dust and dirt settled on its surface.
- Replace the air filters of your air conditioner, whether they need a replacement or not. The air filters would have dirt and dust trapped in them, so you must replace them with new ones.
- Refrigerant leakages become a common problem when using your air conditioners in summer. If there is a hissing sound from your air conditioner, there may be a refrigerant leakage.